Little Thoughts of You

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

October 2013, my boyfriend, or as you guys know, Andreas, popped out the question already. I am not sure it's an official proposal thing or not because no ring there haha (well, he said one ring is enough for the wedding day and he gave me another sparkling thing instead), but he asked me and I said yes, so yes I'm getting married. I'll tell you about the wedding preparation details as I can later, but first let me tell the story how we met and introduce you to someone that I've been relationship with for 4 years and 5 months.

Nggak kenal maka nggak sayang (:  

My most favorite selfie during my post-graduation trip to Hong Kong!

We met in 2009, it was my first semester on college in Guang Zhou, China. The first time I eyed Andreas, never crossed my mind that I would marry him someday. I wasn't into him, really. The only reason because he's not the guy that I wanted. I had barely ever start a conversation with him. He belonged to a group of friends that I didn't close to. What the matter is, I wasn't interest anything at all about him. I didn't know since when some of my friends started to tease me with him. I was a little bit annoyed, because every time I saw Andreas, I became hate him more hahaha (sorry, love!). But seriously, I was questioning a lot why it has to be me with Andreas? And what did he think about me? About this jokes by some of our friends? What does he feel? Does he really like me?

Well, it was not a joke and I think God also had planned something for both of us. 

One day, when I had my lecture, my phone received a text message, from an unknown number. I still slightly remember what the message was about: "Hey there, a girl who is wearing white shirt today. How are you?". I stared down on my clothes immediately, and yes I was wearing a white top. The next thing I did, I gave a glance to my best friend (who was my "teman sebangku" for 4 years). She was like, "what?" and I showed her my phone and she started giggling. That gave me enough explanation. Andreas knew my white top from her. He got my number from her. And it was officially my first text message from him.

More and more messages came in. We started to chat on MSN too (yes guys, MSN was so popular back then. Remember all that cheesy gif emoticons?). It has been going on just like that for almost three months. I started to see him in different person than I thought who he was before. Sometimes he acts awkward in funny way (at least for me), he always has interesting different point of views, he will swap his food with mine everytime when I don't like my food order, and he is the only guy who brought me bunch of fruits when I was sick and tells me fruits are healthy, and also made me go to the gym. Andreas had surprised me lots of things.

After all, he was like become a place for me to share what's happening on my every day's life. Every night I found myself rolling over at the bed while having a night phone call with him, and he was the first person that I looked for when I'm upset or in a trouble. I remember when I went out one night to buy some fresh fruits, the rain was pouring down suddenly and I didn't bring an umbrella. I was panicking and I didn't know why I called him for asking help (later I remembered because he lived not far from the fruits store) and he came to bring an umbrella for me just in a minute. He walked me home and we didn't talk each other. That time, I finally felt something strange that people usually called... butterflies in  stomach. I think there are sooo many of them in my tummy!

And they are keep coming until this day. It has been already five years since the first time I met him. And this kind of feelings, are still the same when he walked me home every night. We are not a perfect or dreamy couple, sometimes we make mistakes and we learned from it, sometimes we blame each other but we love again. I was feeling afraid of marriage this thing, I was worried about everything. Not about what wedding dress I should wear or how many bridesmaids that I need, I was more worried about what kind of wife or mother I am going to be, am I good enough for him, for the family that we will raise together? He smiled at me and said, "everything is gonna be okay." Now I know and always know, I'll marry a right man.

Someone told me marriage sounds so crazy, crazy enough to choose one person to spend all of their life with. You chose me and I chose you. But I believe God chose both of us to walk together in the next life path. I love you and I always do. Again, see you soon next year in October.

2 comments:

  1. hello there!
    whoaa what a cute love story Jane! :)
    I know you from your comment on Alodita's blog.

    nice to know this cute blog, anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there too! Thank you so much for dropping by, barusan juga mampir ke blog kamu (:
      Nice to know you anyway!

      Delete