Snapshot Sharing 02: First Internship as Mandarin Teacher

Sunday, March 16, 2014

In February last year, I went to Pekanbaru to complete my internship task as a Mandarin teacher in a private school. Yes, you heard it right, I worked as a teacher or you might call me "laoshi" (teacher in Chinese).

This is my very first time teaching in a class. I spent good times with the kids. They are so cheeky but also adorable at the same time. I have one and two favorite kids actually. The one I remembered named Alice. She always sits nicely at the front row. She speaks Chinese fluently and her Mandarin test always a great score. I asked her why she's so good in Mandarin and she said, "Because I speak Mandarin at home with mama and papa. When I grow up, I want to be a Mandarin teacher just like you." See, every teacher loves this kind of kid hahaha

Another fun fact of my internship memory, me and Sastika went to same school together for internship. I stayed in her place for two weeks and that was my very first time too visited her family in her hometown. We had a really great time together.

Well, being a Mandarin teacher at school was interesting and fun, but also tell me something: This is not a job that I want. LOL. I love teaching, but maybe not in a school. I hope someday I get a chance to teach something I love to do (blogging or writing workshop? wow sounds so cool).

Oh almost forgot the picture! Here the only picture that I have with the kids. This is my favorite class ever! 

No comments:

Post a Comment